Diligent Week

Thursday, March 13, 2008 0 comment
Yeah! I can strike off 1 test and 1 essay from my itinerary to graduation!

Felt super diligent this week. Yes, I ‘feel’ diligence. It must be due to Uma. He may be sarcastic and annoying, but he’s really got the substances up his head and he is altruistic to share and impart them to us. I believe I can confidently rank him one of my favourite tutors in Archi after a mere 11 days, in the league of the legendary Robert Teh. Uma’s being so frank and firm with his opinions and enthusiastic in our conceptual development that I felt obligated to deliver my best. Oh my, I think I’m writing him a nomination essay for the best teaching staff award. I wish I could have him as my tutor earlier. But last semester better than never right?

Stayed late in studio on Monday, listening to Nana’s complains. Haiz, I can only lend a listening ear but helpless to do anything. There are always people on earth who behave like the opposing pole of a magnet to you but you still have to tolerate them, because confronting them will only make your life more miserable. Cheer up! It’s only 5 more weeks to go!

On Tuesday, purposely went to listen to a jazz performance for the Science of Music essay. It’s just to assure myself that I’m acting according to the instructions given, by ‘physically’ attend a performance. I mean, I certainly have no problem churning out a 2-page guest lecture summary every other week in the past 2 years, as a prerequisite to qualify for the MArch program that I’m 90%-confirmed won’t be returning to read. How can a 200-800 words essay on my ‘personal’ opinions of a performance baffle me? And I actually got the essay structure and contents materializing in my head by the time I got home. It’s exactly how I write those movie and song reviews in my blog. And it is the first time that I sense that keeping a blog is actually assisting in my academic work. Pretty!

Plus, I found this!!! Arrrhhhh!!!! Details
Jay & ME!Of course I shook his hand after that lah~ Hahahahaha...

Then I slept through my Wednesday. Literally SLEEP through it!

This morning, was the 1st test for Science of Music. It was idiotically easy - 25 MCQ, open-book test! It should be a very unsuccessful method to filter out people who has not been reading notes and doing tutorials. And guess what, idiot me got a question wrong! Because I got cock-eyed and didn’t read the entire question! And I got chided by Cherie for that. “How can you?” Sad~

Noon, Nirmal and Uma studios sat around the common tables to eat, brainstorm, make models, copy/share ideas, spoil market, talk, laugh, and whatever, while the tutors went around doing individual consultations. If there’s one thing that I’ll miss after leaving this place, it would be the illegal lunch sessions that we have together in this Level 3 fish-tank. Code: 此地无银三百两。As we always shield the tables from the corridor with the pin-up boards and eat behind them.

sh was suddenly reminded that we, Ricky and Peiyun still have half a round of mahjong to complete from HK. Duh~ After my meeting with Uma, there appeared 2 tables of virtual mahjong across the studio. Poor Jason and JJ were 二缺二 before I joined in. And by the time Chunyan was free, she’s 一缺三. Haha! Unfortunately I could only play ¼ rounds before Uma ‘interrupted’ us for a studio debrief.

Got a belated birthday treat from Zin and Zenov. Yes, more food! And secret plans. And I received ‘a gift of movies’! Yay! So excited! But we got to wait for the blockbusters to open during the Summer break, the ‘Now Showing’ are not too good.

Ok, I think my food should be digested now. It’s time to sleep.

Update: 1 design submission, 1 test and 1 MIDI composition to escapement!

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB