I am still here

Sunday, May 18, 2008 0 comment
For 2 weeks, I dress up in my sleep, and then embark on a 1 hour journey to my Chinatown office. Check my In-tray, update schedule and sit down to CAD. Wait for lunchtime, crap, attend meeting with the bosses, do site measurement etc. Sign-out at exactly 6pm and loiter in the vicinity before sleeping my way home. Read till midnight and Youtube until I get tired and the routine goes on.

Time has been passing very fast. Unknowingly, I have been in the workforce for 2 weeks already! I think I’m making a good first step, finding something to do in merely 2 weeks after I rid of my school commitments. At least I didn’t relegate to be an unemployed long enough for my parents to complain of my presence at home. I believe they did not expect my fast action too because, for once, they did not reprimand me for being lazy. I feel that I am racing very fast. I am anxious that I would run out of time to provide for them. So I cannot waste anymore time THINKING of my future, instead I have to WORK for it now.

I dare not flip through the papers nowadays. There are tragedies everywhere and every article was written with grief and every image shows helplessness. The Sichuan Quake has been reported with exceptional transparency. It looks so real that I hope that it’s all fabricated. Every miracle surviving story is unbelievable. There are many ‘fortunately’, but so much more ending up on the ‘unfortunate’ side. Recently, I learnt that mourning is not for the dead, it is for those living, to live on in rememberance of them.

I feel lucky to be drinking straight from the tap and breathing clean air now. I am fortunate to have all my darlings around me. I am blessed to be here.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB