OSIM Singapore Asian Triathlon

Monday, July 4, 2005 0 comment
Woohoo... I've got money! Been doing an ideal job with good pay over the weekend and be able to slack at the same time.

Have been smiling for the past 2 days talking to people 'drenched' in sweat and passion. So cool~ Really respect these triathletes, so much determination and conviction for the triathlon sport. Moreover I'm never a 'sporty' person myself, so it was quite a surprise to me to see thousands of enthusiast, including many Singaporean, taking part in this Triathlon at ECP. And also many who flew from Australia, Hong Kong, Japan, China, New Zealand, some with the whole family, just to take part in it.

Was very touched to see the last few swimmers in the sea returning to the shore yesterday, with all the volunteers on canoes cheering them on. And also the volunteers at the finishing point, they were having a fun time too, waiting for the ironmen to return.

As an interviewer there, I was so grateful that the participants were very helpful in answering our questions. There was a guy who was so excited after coming 4th, who came up to me personally to BE interviewed. I personally thought that the survey was damn long, especially the part on the sponsors. But they were still very sincere in providing their responses, in a way to showing courtesy as well as to make the event better next year.

This reminded me of my other PT last December at NTUC. That was the worst job I've ever taken up. Sitting like a dummy and listening to all the abuses that the neighbourhood aunty and uncle could find. Hate especially the rich aunty, showing me her receipt from Lee Hwa Jewellery, spending >$2000 worth of whatever, and she was there demanding why she's not getting her Linkpoints.

Singaporean attitude. CMI.

I prefer approaching the foreigners, not totally Caucasians, even Taiwanese and Hongkonger are better than the typical Singaporean. Somehow, for the average locals, the level of civilisation seem to be inversely proportional to affluence. On a pessimistic mood, I think it is rather irreversible now.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB