agitate me!

Thursday, July 28, 2005 0 comment
I received a call this morning at 9am which interrupted my sleep. Anyway it was a call that brought joyous news as the caller informed that she needed me to replace a girl in a part-time job. Ok... Just 2 days ago, this same person had called me telling that she doesn't have my name in her roster for Thursday's work. So in fact I was NOT scheduled for work today. And I was happily thinking that I have this job last Saturday at Tampines. Anyway, the original girl for today was sick and only informed last minute and I was the only person to come to her mind when she got this news this morning. So I was put back into work today!

Know why I mentioned earlier that this is joyous? Yes, because the girl is sick and I got to work for more money! Well, partly. The main reason is that there's this lost and found feeling in this whole drama. The thought that came to me on Tuesday when I learnt that I was not scheduled for work on Thursday really surprised me. I went:
So, I have no more work? But I've already blanked out these 2 days. What should I do then?
Suddenly I felt so reluctant to stay at home for even one day, just wanting to get out working, playing and being active and being involved in something.

The work today at Raffles Place MRT station Raffles Xchange was terrible. First the refrigerators, set-up and drinks all came late. Then we were so depressed that the whole morning just passed with xiao mao liang san zhi.

Then 12nn was the start of all disasters. The stupid company posted a redemption coupon in TODAY so besides having to promote our original drinks, we also have to serve the redemption event. And eventually, a long queue formed around Xchange. Worst was that the queue went passed in front of my booth and they happily just shifted over to us and keep on drinking our sample, touching my Lucky Dip prizes. Ok, I could tolerate this.

Then when the boss announced that all redemptions had ended, the queue still refused to disperse and they just flocked into our compound and demanded why they are not given the free drink.

Hello, since you have the knowledge to understand the advertisement that there was redemption at Xchange at 1pm, why don't you have the intelligence to also read that it was only for the first 200 readers?

And since you have the common sense to queue, why don't you have the conjecture that you are OUT of the 200 limits?

And an aunty even shouted at my friend that there are still so many cartons in the refrigerators, why she can't get it free?
Excuse me, we are here to do sale, you want drink, please pay up!
Ok, this was only my inner voice. It is too difficult to agitate me. (The last time I lost my temper was however during the Idaki Camp just 2 weeks ago.) Even when the Malay woman threw the cup at me when I could not serve her in time, I just ignored her. But countless times I was at the verge of screaming at the top of my voice: Can everybody back off and QUEUE UP!!! And you idiotic thieves, hands OFF my prizes and drinks!!! UNCIVILIZED moron!!!

After the stampede dispersed at two, we realized we lost sampling drinks, a few Fila water bottles and a whole pack of toys. They are things that people complaint that they are too cheap as prizes but priceless to the thieves apparently.

Pardon me, who's cheap now?

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB