Practising My Patience

Tuesday, October 7, 2008 0 comment
I have 16 days before I can get my ‘Capricorn’.

Read this for the background story. I shall not repeat the news.

Seriously, I suspected JVR Music’s intention in postponing the album release. For the case of the withdrawal of the teasers, yes, it is logical; there was no point in teasing the audience who were already been informed.

But delaying the release? Who is going to benefit from this move? Certainly not JVR Music. And it is definitely not going to stop the illegal uploading of the alleged full album. (Damn it!) I bet the plan to add in the poker cards was already undergoing right from the start.

JVR Music claimed they do not want to compromise with the unexpected leak of property by bringing forward the release date, like they have done in the past. So they are working the opposite direction instead. Do they naively think that they can put the uploaders off-guard?

I wonder how those tracks got exposed in the first place. I doubt the need for any full album to be delivered to the media 2 weeks ago. Then the tracks found online must have exited JVR Music directly, which also means a deliberate exposure. Is it really a publicity gimmick? Or is there a cyber rat living in the corners of JVR Music throwing out the intellectual property before their time, in the past few year?!

I would want to believe that it’s just a smoke-screen. One that they has put up to hide the fact that the production for this album has been too rushed and the delay was just to buy time to get them out prim and proper and to extend the publicity time, the unconventional way, since the World Tour is still going on in Mainland China.

Seriously I weren’t too happy with all the different album versions and pre-order gifts this time round. It is not the Jay that I know. He just destroyed one of the reasons I hang on to this infatuation for 7 years. I don’t like this surprise. Pre-order is the most that I can abide and enjoy. I just hope to return to that 2002, running in the rain on a Saturday afternoon to Plaza Singapura to collect my ‘8 Dimensions’, in an atrium full of people similar to me. That was the purpose for a pre-order, so fun and astonishing.

What the hell am I doin’ here? I am a hopelessly nostalgic and silly girl.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB