Godfather

Tuesday, October 14, 2008
If I'm not logon to MSN in office, I'll be listening to my IMEEM playlist. Added a few tracks these days that brought back a lot of memories. I tell you my brain stores memories with images, so many images came back whenever I hear these songs. The first one I'm sharing is the 'Godfather' theme song. Seriously I've neither seen the movie, nor am familiar with the story. It started when I was exposed to excessive retro instrumental during my first semester in Archi (every day and night) and this was one of the few tracks that I picked up.


I think it was arranged by John Williams. Got to know his works when I was in band. During those time, his compositions were the few easy-to-play yet interesting pieces, like the theme songs for 'Indiana Jones', 'Jaws' etc.

'Godfather' gave me the goosebumps. I don't know why.

I like the oboe solo. It has a very distinctive tone. And I always imagine the spectrum analysis of the oboe sound to go round and round instead of the spikey up and down. Haha... (Sorry, my weird Physics analogy again.)

But I guess my musical sense has gone down significantly these years. By recommendation, I've watched 'Nodame Cantabile' last week. But I was not affected by the music at all. In fact I felt so like fast-forwarding when the orchestras were playing. I think I'm getting too used to pop now. I'm becoming a superficial listener. And I'm getting too fussy too, to pick out that the actors and actresses can't really play the piano/violin and were just purely acting as if they were experts.

That is one big reason why I love 'Secret' so much.
 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB