郑中基

Thursday, October 16, 2008 0 comment
He used to be a legendary singer in the mid 90's. Who else is able to get Jacky Cheung to a duet in his debut? Moreover, he really can sing. He sang touching songs.

Those time, there was no internet, cannot download files like we do now. The only way to listen to songs was on radio. But who on earth can stay on radio the whole day? And that time, no cable, no access to Taiwanese TV shows. And when there were, they were usually broadcasting at duper odd timing. I used to follow the Channel [V] 华语音乐榜中榜. But the idiotic local TV station broadcast it on Saturday 9am, when I need to be in school. Then the repeat telecast was on Sunday 2.30am, which I duly stayed up to catch every week. And that time, I don't have a room to myself yet, so I have to watch it in the living room. For fear of waking my family, I listened to the TV with earphones. So those times, I hear every songs so close to my ears. (By the way, I got my PSLE aggregate 262 because I did my TYS through the night every Saturday.)

最爱的人不是你 - 郑中基

I always get into this personality argument on hearing the lyrics. I pondered, is the protagonist a rascal or a victim? Why did he fall in love with this girl when he still likes the other girl? Why did he let this girl fall so deep in before telling her the truth? What is the purpose of this song anyway? Is it an initiation for a break-up? Then that makes him the rascal!

But Ronald’s singing really turned my sympathy votes the other way. He sounded like this girl is so good that he can't help but fall in love with her despite the presence of the other one. And he has gone through tremendous pain to decide to tell her the truth now. Yes, he loves the other girl more.

Hmmm...

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB