Post-submission Reflections

Tuesday, April 12, 2005 0 comment
27 hours after final submission. Yes, I've almost recovered from the trauma, in the expense of a lecture this morning.

Honestly, I have no idea how to continue with this entry. Too much things to talk about, and I'm unsure whether they have happened at all.

Reality vs illusion



The last time I were at my normal mode was last Monday. Exactly one week ago when I missed my consultation again. Then I spent the whole night searching aimlessly online for my design's construction details. And chanced upon this comic that I sorta mass-send to all my arki friends.

plan

Ok at least I woke someone up with this. :p Thanks Mirabel!



The next day, a zombie went to tutorial to copy notes and tips from the dunno-why-always-laugh bulady. After the sun set, stunt-woman was revived again! Mainly because she got the very zai friend Rouwan with her to help her raise the standard of the jing bao A1 site plan.

site plan (part of it)

1/6 settled! But also 3.5 hours behind time. Heck care, still stayed up to watch soccer. Quite interesting, that I wasted my energy cutting the balsa which I rejected ALL in the morning. :(



5 hours later, jing bao news came, CY's hospitalized. What is the problem with all arki students? Why are we pia-ing so hard? People inflicting serious injuries on themselves, get into car crash, get electrocuted, sleepless nights, or rather don't dare to sleep.

Honestly, I dread the sun-rise. Not that I got to wake up early, but that I have not sleep at all! In addition, I realized that time runs faster with the sun around. I don't know why, but efficiency drops when I work in the day-time. Something's wrong with everybody, that's why we can't work in the day... Is it of our psychology? That one day starts from 6am to 12mn and we should be asleep when the sun is down? So when we sorta extended the time of a day, we think that we have "steal" time. And it ended up that we have 48 hours a day, but only 3 days in a week. Contradiction. We are so contradicting!!



Thursday: Last chance to have consultation with the darn-thing but he left early for his office again! Shark! Spent ~2 hours walking in Botanical Gardens and Lido for my last stunt. Imagine placing my turning torso on the Garden's slope and the interior is the form of Lido McCafe's.

turning torso

Botanical Gardens

McCafe

Difficult! But I still have to do it!

Ma... I am so very extremely tired...



Never wanted to return to studio again. But still have OTHER submission to do! Why am I so bothered with these little stuffs? Moreover I'm not the group leader! Shark! What kind of group members are these? Only me and Renjie are doing work! :( This is so very unfair! 2 persons doing 6-people's work!

72 hours before the REAL thing, then I started to think of my final design's plan. Yes! Yet another stunt. But will the effect be the same as the one last semester? Last sem's comments

Marathon going on, no sleep at all. Sniffing UHU and spraycan. Eating wood and silver paint. My mummy will be having headache after all these.

my work area materials materials materials models (those rejected ones) model (base) papers pin-up wall cutting area (of course this is after some tidying glue (plural) countdown calendar money talk



Sin... It's a sin... 51 hours before submission. Guess what I did? Haha! I went for a movie in town with Tsehui and Hasanah! Damn, I must be out-of-my-mind. Scaring myself out with The Eye 10. So funny though, despite being a suspense. At least it is not so tense and 'breathless' than the original The Eye. Yup I got scared a couple of times. But am more interested in Chen Bo Lin. Hey! He looks like Kaneshiro! So cute! Especially the part when he broke his bowl and got to make noises by juggling the chopsticks in his mouth and took the lift with a lot of other "people".

6 hours off my schedule.

What was I supposed to do? All the items on my checklist seemed to be delayed. Shag... Cannot sleep! Again, I got this regret feeling again. Whenever I think of other people's design, (this time is Bobo's especially) I'll blame myself:
Why didn't I do something that is easy to build and draw?!
I am always zhi tao ku chi. Having the turning torso, criss-cross platforms, natural terrain context...

final model

final model



One hurdle after another. Why did I do such a jing bao site plan the other day? Now I got to do my other panels to that standard too.

"Jing bao" The term that is going to push my grade up as well as to kill me.



I was almost limp on Monday. So fortunate that my brother got a car and he's willing to chauffeur me to studio! Yippy! So damn fortunate(x2) that I found a vacant light-box and stucked to it till 5pm without anyone fighting me over it.

Didn't manage to complete all my drawings. But never mind. My crit slot is at 11.10am, still have 2 hours on that day!

Now, this is not the end yet! By 8pm we got to clear out of studio, literally, with all our stuffs! Shark! Melvin's stuffs alone can fill three table tops. Olivia came with a empty luggage. And I made 4 trips just to transport all my materials and models to the car.

Next thing to bother now is how to arrange them in my small pathetic storeroom. I dont' have a bedroom anymore...

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB