Identity Copy-cats

Monday, April 4, 2005 0 comment
Ever wonder why my blog name is mindchanger? Apparently it started off with my self-intro in Friendster when I wrote that I'm a 'san bian' girl. Well, the intro is still around now by the way. So I thought of creating a term/phrase that can literally show this characteristic and yet not used by anyone else before. Then tada! mindchanger came about.

However, surfing throught the Net, there is really a song named "Mindchanger" in the market. I've yet to listen to it. But that doesn't reduce the authenticity of my blog name since the song is not real well-known anyway.

Now I realized it's so difficult to set a brand for yourself that makes you different from all other prople. This idea came to me when I was reading Sly saying that currently he's still the same 'siao siao' guy as before SI. Yes! The problems lies in this 'siao' word. This 'siao' brand makes you different from the other 'normal' people. But what if there has been 10000 people who also declare to be 'siao-siao-ly'. Then what is the significance?

And it occur to me that when I read some strangers' self-intro in Friendster or just some other junky webbies that connects you to the world, I always have the idea:
"Hey! Doesn't that sounds like me too?"
Does this means that the 0.01% difference in our DNA do not include our thinkings and characteristic? Ain't we're like clones now, copying the lines that sounded 'cool & chic' when they come out of your mouth? Stuffs that you thought may sound impressive but you dunno why!
"... bring the nature into the room..."

"... time-less space..."

"... time seems to stop when you step in..."
All the superficial 'all talks but no work'.

Shame on all copy-cats!

Now, reminds me to scrutinize Sly's new album. I've still yet to listen to the new tracks. But the track title sounds impressive. 'Xiang Long 18 Zhang'. And coincidentally the 'xiang long' also sounds like Sly's "Shen Xiang Long'. But that's where all the positive comments end. With Master Fang as the lyricist, surely he can do better to avoid comparisons between Sly and Jay!

Same lyricist, same chinese martial arty theme. Moreover, Mr Sim (senior) once declared that he wished his son would be as famous as Jay. Worst now is that junior Sim literally kept the track of Jay 'An Jing' in his 1st album!

Thinking of arrogant bu zhi suo wei copycats.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB