Hanadan

Monday, September 8, 2008 0 comment
I went to watch 花より男子 (Boys Over Flowers: Final). Actually, I didn’t know that there is a movie finale for the serial until recently. And being a sequel to a J-drama, I would expect the movie to be posted online very soon. But I understand that I have no chance of watching it in the luxury of my home with my PC in that state and I was quite curious about what trouble Tsukushi Makino can get into this time round.
HanadanStory-wise, it’s not too complicated and still very much logical. After all, Tsukushi and Tsukasa Domyouji have gone through third parties, house-prison, memory loss, and bankruptcy, what big difficulty can they get into now, except trouble from their own families/cliché? Fortunately, the ending was satisfying, as it adds on to the entire story. And it also created the possibility of a movie part 2, although I doubt any sensible producer would want to spoil this perfect ending.

Like "Hero: The Movie", the story took place mostly outside of Japan, with many many cameo (minus Nanako Matsushima, the Domyouji sister :( ), posh interiors and wide lens scenic views of the Amazon and Hong Kong skyline (oh well, this is a F4 movie!). And there’s this one big cameo who I think has did his part, but I wish to see more of him! Oguri!!! Oops, it should be Hanazawa Rui! What a lazy character. Looking at him, you would imagine that he is capable of sitting there and daze for one whole day without moving a finger. Ok, my weird analogy, no need to understand. By the way, Rui is supposed to be autistic in the story; and what expression can he show, seeing the two woman he loved marrying other man? Haizz.

I think there is this shift in character personality. I simply find it awkward to see Tsukasa is being so decent and serious that I don’t feel like he is the same annoying and arrogant Master Domyouji. A lot of the humour that used to occur between Tsukasa and Tsukushi is missing. Instead he said so many times “I love you”, “I want to spend my life with you” that almost made atone to whatever bad things that he has done to Tsakushi before. You know, this is one prominent Piscean trait that I never inherit, I don’t like romance. I would rather he has done something negative so that he won’t be portrayed as the perfect man here. Yah, my weird analogy again. To digress, I think the somersault training for the Johnny’s Boys are rather useful in shaping them into action heroes. Japanese should do more action shows if they all have the flair like Matsumoto (Domyouji).

Last of all, a way to conclude this movie, is to answer “Who should watch this movie?” Unless there is a close-up shot of Takeshi Keneshiro or Takuya Kimura, or it’s a new horror by the producers of The Ring/Ju-on/Dark Water, then most Japanese movies are in fact not worth the bucks to watch in cinemas. So, unless you are a F4 fan, you can just watch it online, maybe by next month.

Next up on my to-watch list, ahyo, another Japanese serial finale, Kurosagi!
KurosagiYou see, I started spreading propaganda this January and announcing the movie this March; and the movie is opening only on 18 September! Gosh! It took half a year to travel to Singapore! Similarly, unless you are a Kurosagi fan or simply mad about YamaPi (like me!) then you can just wait and watch it online.

Omg... Oguri, YamaPi, Oguri, YamaPi, Oguri, YamaPi, Oguri, YamaPi, Oguri, YamaPi!

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB