Série Répétée

Monday, January 14, 2008 0 comment
I’m going to share a dream again! This time it’s so real that I felt a bit scared. Because there is a familiarity in the story that shows that it’s not the first time that I’ve dreamt about it.

The story started with “me” waking up in a bluish room with 3 other persons, 2 male and 1 female. They were behaving strangely because they were in a rush and they didn’t have the “time” to talk to me. The room showed signs of living for a long time, by many people. I saw unused utensils, leftover food, messy laundry etc, but there were also cobwebs on the ceiling and there was no electricity. They could only briefly tell me to refill the water containers and replenish food supply, if I can, before running out of the room. I was being slow, and at the same time very puzzled.

I left the room alone and found that it was located in a water-logged basement. The corridor towards the only source of light was eerie and unlit. I climbed the stairs and reach the ground floor, just in time to see the 3 persons running across my path with a lot of umbrellas in their arms. “Where are you going?” But they only turned to signal me to be silent and sneaked out of an ivory white Victorian door into a picturesque garden, not before they locked the door behind them.

At this same time, I heard voices coming from the other end of the hall, which I presumed to be the entrance of this grand building. So I dashed diagonally across the hall and hide behind a fat Corinthian column. The newcomers appeared shortly, young and old, male and female, masters and servants. So, this is a hotel!

I waited for the hall to become deserted again before moving towards the entrance. The sun was bright, unlike the basement corridor, and the reflecting light from the green beyond the carpark was blinding my nocturnal eyes. I dashed onto the grass and turned back to witness where I’ve exited. OMG! It is a palace! So white and majestic and unreal!

Then I saw a bald man running towards me from the palace, pointing angrily at me. By instinct, I stepped back, intending to escape. But I tripped and fell onto my bottom, catching glimpse of the 3 mysterious persons at the roof of the palace, under their stolen umbrellas.

My mind went blank as the man grabbed my shoulder, but I did not feel the grip.



I woke up again, on the floor of the bluish room. The 3 persons were there as well. I watched them, without bothering to say anything, I copied them - stuffing food and water bottle into our pockets. As we were about to leave the room, one of the guys picked up a marker and rubbed a faint line on the moist wall. “We will not be back again.” Then I realized the entire wall had been filled with lines, 4 vertical and 1 horizontal make one bundle, and there was at least 30x60 bundles in all.

I ran through the same corridor with my new company, who led me to the back of the palace. And they certainly knew clearly where anybody would be appearing, the toilets, the restaurant etc. In between the panting, the guy who counted the days breathed they ‘died’ by thunder-strike “yesterday”. While I was “killed” by the security guard’s touch. “You died at 10.06am. That is a record!”

I smiled faintly. I think I’ve sort of understand the situation now.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB