Then and Now

Tuesday, April 24, 2007 0 comment
I think I'm obssessed with before-and-after images, after going through this Singapore in the 60's website, trying to visualize how the place looks like now from the ancient photos. Especially Marina Boulevard, where I used to work; Satay Club that had gave way for The Esplanade; my mum's childhood house at Sultan Gate...

Last August I was still telling her that I've visited the last blacksmith in Singapore, Lee Lai Heng, which was directly opposite her house.

Lee Lai Heng thenA couple of months back, the papers said the shop was burnt down, putting an end to the blacksmith trade in Singapore. Last weekend, we re-visited the shop to see it in ashes. That's what happens in life.

Lee Lai Heng now

Went for 2nd round of dim sum at Prima on Sunday. Mango Puddinggggggg!!!!!!!!! I was SO excited I FORGOT to take photo of it. Hahaha...

Then we went Mount Faber. Ha, it's a place to con tourist sia... Parking was $1 per hour! Anyway, here comes the 2nd instalment of the then-and-now changes.

World Trade Centre

WTC then & now

I remember there used to be a red phonebooth (that Superman changes in) at one of the buildings' entrance lobby, and a statue of a 2-m man. It was some permanent display then. And there's a lot of mimosa behind the bus-stop. Cos my bro like to bluff me that he could make the leaves close up. Bleh!

old WTCAnd see the semi-cylinder building? LGT showed it in his lecture slides. But it had gave way for what else, but Ito's VIVO!

Vivocity

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB