Thank you Ethelontêr III Cluedo Night

Tuesday, June 27, 2006 0 comment
Here comes Ling Fong’s 2nd long tribute email after the camp – for the Cluedo people. Well I may be slow, but all my feelings are sincere & deep from my heart...

To my fellow IC Mich, my gratitude has been expressed in the email to the OC. I thought we have been a reckless team and a heart-attack to Fred especially, being so obstinate, refusing to have more meetings and rehearsals. We are the first and probably only Cluedo team which had only 5 meetings before the actual thing! And I am proud of us! Woohoo!

Yushan: you were the first few casts which I decided very early in our script-writing. Just went through a few meetings for PAH but I thought you’ll have the potential to leave a deep impression in people. And I was glad I was not wrong! Remember during the exam break at YIH, you was trying to act pui’s role, I was hovering whether to exchange these 2 characters. Haha. And then during trials you self-provided the very aunty costumes and ear-rings! Wow, I thought I must have got the best person for Aileen. Thank you!

Pui: another early decision, cos I thought you dark dark de, can pass off as a foreigner. Heehee no offends. But my best actress must have enjoyed yourself ya? And loving your long name so much. :D So long that I typed it wrongly on the tag. Haha, so sorry. But thanks for being so enthu!

Xiaoyun: the only person to ask for a role in Cluedo even before I started writing my script. :D Hope you had fun crapping with the freshies. In fact I was already very impressed by your ‘speeches’ and Mandai space thingy during trials, so we just went ahead with this for the actual one. Getting experienced actors back is always a good thing to do! Thank you for spicing up level 4 last week. Good luck to you!

Yiwen dage: I am not year 5 yet! I’m younger than you lor, OBVIOUSLY. Me still a miserable year 2 going year 3. Don’t doubt my age! It was such a huge relieve when Mich told me you have agreed to join Cluedo and even roping in CK, cos our original choice Kailoon seems an inferior choice. Oops don’t tell him this. You had been giving me surprises every rehearsal; I can’t imagine how boring our final act would be without your funny ideas and stunts! Thank you! And find back the tag! It is the one and only one!

CK & SRH: my 2 sidekicks with an easy job because the dage has thought of everything for you 2 - costumes, tattoo, actions... Haha, the confrontation with the security guard still makes me laugh, Renhong. And CK, happy that there’s only one rehearsal for you? You got all the time to bi-o the girls at NDP now! Thank you guys for the great performance!

Crystal girl! I seem to be neglecting you all along, cos I was not very decisive regarding your role until the eleventh hour. Even the toys I was not able to get from Bryan earlier, and I was like pushing everything to you to do. Very very sorry, especially when you were sick for so long already. And even during the actual thing I also didn’t get to your room often. And the group that cheated at your station was my own group! Haiz going to find who that idiot is. Thank you for all the support and advices right from the beginning. They really gave Mich and me better directions to bring out the program.

Sheila: Your name caused the biggest woohaa during OC meeting. Ahya too bad you were not around then. I could still remember the big 3 Mer, Fred & Qz nodding frantically when Mich announced ‘Juhua will be played by Sheila’. That was such a great relief which explained my persistent email and sms for you to join us. Great acting, wonderful reflex, and timely welfare on the actual day. Thank you very much!

Little Ah Beng Junli! And you tell me again you are not beng at all? Your hair colour explains it all liao la! Lucky I met you during the Open House, otherwise I’ll be still sourcing Ah Bengs down in CSC :D Was watching your station during the actual thing. Good job done, given that we have not provided you with much games instructions nor even a place to sit. :p Thank you!

Zenöv! You still remember the challenge you gave me in the clubroom one day? “只要你敢写, 我就敢演!” There was so much challenge in your role cos it was initiated by the grandmaster Bryan Lee (叶展荣as 猪肉荣) and I was obstinately trying to fit you into my almost completed storyline. Then Crystal and Mich were telling me your role was very weak in the story, so I die die must create some more relationship links around my complicated map. Phew! Heng you pulled it through. And heng the freshies girls remembered you. Wahahaha! Thank you for your un-glam performance!

Xiqian: Mich & I were really not the one nominating you to this role. It was Fred & Mer! When I told them my male lead is a garang guni, they immediately suggested you! I am innocent! But hope you had fun with the team, albeit being beaten up every rehearsal, and letting the whole camp knows about Tweety Bird. Thank you for not complaining about coming down every Saturday for the past month, and helping to enhance the final act and storyline. Remember the blockbuster title has got your name! “Everybody Loves Huat Zhai”

Quek: Muthu last year and Gu Chia Chui this year. What’s next? I think your advices in final act have been extremely valuable; otherwise we would not be able to do the scene change successfully and getting the car crash idea through. But really sorry that your station game was bitsa cork-up. But overall, the feedback was good! You have been great!

Lixian! My forever irreplaceable Mdm Long. Ahya, I shouldn’t make your station so scary, then you can squeeze some juicy scandals from the terrified freshies. Haha. Thank you for accepting the role so enthusiastically. Removed one of my greatest worry right from the beginning and injecting precious ideas to your station. :D Thank you!

Wenbin. Thank you for sacrificing your External Hunt to help Mich and me with the setting up. Ya, sorry about the street directory incident, I was in the ‘just in case’ mode the day before Day 0. No big damage done right? Hahaha… Thank you!

Yvonne, Christine: My dear dear beer ladies. Such a great help right from the casting period when Kris volunteered yourself (abandoning Tiong) and Vonz for the roles. And then the committed turn-ups for rehearsals, bringing your polka-dot ‘uniforms’ and wonderful performance on final act. Thank you!

The original garang guni turn drinking kaki, Calvin! Glad that you guys were having fun on actual day. Although final act was only a one-liner for you and many others, you still made your presence felt by turning up for the rehearsals. Thank you very much! And don’t forget your tumbler again!

To my half-cast, Anthony! Yup only Mich & I know about this half-cast, who has been repeating the line “Sorry the number you’ve just dialed is currently unavailable. Please try again later” throughout the whole Cluedo Night. Kudos to my Romi KC! Thank you for your last minute help! Thank you!

Last but not least, Fred! The last one is reserved for you! Thanks for the nagging and pestering for more meetings. (CK will hate you for this if we really did. :p) Your presence is dreaded, if you noticed. Hahaha… This Cluedo is led by a pair of weird girls dreading the phonecalls and sms of the APD (program). Too bad you are also in the cast, that’s why we have to answer you. :D I still remember the “Needy” story you told me straight after EthelontêrII, which was why I added this little segment into your station. Although it had been very sudden and almost mutilated by Yiwen’s “Nini, Nene” stuffs. Oh yes, your final act outfit looked really uncle. Can I call you Uncle Fred in future? Hahaha..

To the non-cast, but equally important people: Bryan & Shih Kwang & Eng Khoon & Yuzheng. Thank you for the constant help and support for Cluedo Night! Long live muscle man and artist man! EK send me the video!!!

Traumatising Ling Fong
Cluedo Night’06

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB