The Incredibles

Tuesday, July 10, 2007 0 comment
I worked till 10pm today. But I’m not tired at all. I’m hyper! If the office isn’t so bloody hell faraway from my home, I’d have stayed till I’ve finish the stuffs.

Have been working on a semi-D project since I started work. Damn! CAD-ing non-stop. After it was released for tender last month, my focus was shifted to a retail concept store design. Did tonnes of research and sketches; and the architect, who was finding leisure in this little project after going through days of master-planning for a Saudi Arabian town with the master-planner, suddenly sat down with us and went this-is-so-interesting-let’s-settle-on-this-concept! So the 3D expert and I came over the weekend to get the plans out.

Then this morning, the other boss, the businessman, who just returned from Shanghai, got into a disagreement with the architect. They are really demanding today. First the architect wanted us to provide him with more options for the store layout. He was in this the-plan-was-like-this-since-last-week-and-what-the-hell-have-you-all-been-doing kind of mood. And walked off. Then the businessman came in and ‘pacified’ us. “He just wants you all to come out with more ideas so that if the client doesn’t like the one we decided on, there are still alternative that we can rely on. Who knows the client may point to a sketch and hey-I-like-this-idea-why-are-you-rejecting-it?” Blah blah blah... (Yah he isn’t a ‘businessman’ for nothing.) “I think you all should put in whatever you have done (damn-the-sketches-are-money-don’t-throw-them-away) and work one into detail.” But we can’t even get a thumb-up from the architect how to know which one to choose? So for the whole day we kena ping-pong-ed between the architect and the businessman.

Late in the day, the 3D expert kena pulled over by the master-planner to help out in the master-plan-shit and my semi-D supervisor, the designer got dragged in innocently. After dinner, we all sat down with the businessman and decided damn-it-just-go-ahead-with-whatever-you-can-and-heck-the-architect. So for the first time since I came, I skipped the hierarchy and gave instructions to my supervisor on what to do with the worth-money-sketches that we have. And he in turn gave me instructions regarding the half-done semi-D model so that he can rush out the semi-D drawing amendments before meeting the contractors tomorrow. And tomorrow, I’ll exchange project with the 3D expert and plunge into the master-plan-shit presentation while he will render the concept store design.

Ahrg... caught the ball?!

Then amidst all these mess they are still checking out some Monkey Mountain in Bali on GoogleEarth with the big boss, who was here to use the scanner and to find people to talk about the F1 route in Marina that he found in a magazine.

Who say guys can’t multi-task? I know 6 who can.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB