Travel

Sunday, September 17, 2006 0 comment
It is the last day of ‘calm-before-the-storm’. I think I’ve told someone about this last year, during GAW Children’s Day. It means the quiet, peaceful time just before a major design project brief is released.

Squeezed out time to zap a lot of readings for my 2 reading-based modules and met up with feng, Huijing yesterday to do our HRM essay. Also got a new sling bag for GAW'06. I felt generous! Huijing is a dear too to help grant a wish. =)

Felt so regretted to not organize a studio KTV, especially since we have Weilun & Chunyan around. I think it must be the past 5 weeks, seeing Weilun everyday that made me rather lethargic. The crit on Thursday went okay, most questions posed were ‘anticipated but unresolved’. (That means we know the problem but don’t know how to solve them.) And I’m personally disappointed that nobody ‘played’ with our models that we painstakingly scored (scratching lines with a blade) on every piece of exposed bristle. =(

The long hours with Weilun also involved the discussion of our dreams. Basically I came to a conclusion that entering NJ was the greatest mistake in life. Damn I shouldn’t have joined the queue blindly then. Now I realized all the options were available, but I did not even bother to take a look then. Diploma in Interior Design (DID) by Singapore Polytechnic.

So to make the money spent for the current BA (Architecture) worthwhile, I’ve came out with a new resolution at this time of the year!

  • Be diligent and complete my BA (Hons) Architecture in 2008

  • (hopefully) I can secure a job in the design field – architecture, interior design, model maker...

  • Earn a bank of money (it’s always gratifying to spend your own money) to fund my traveling to Venice, Merseyside, Perth, Sicily, Yucatán, Istanbul, Vladivostok, Lhasa

  • Maybe I can produce a travel documentary from the perspective of a architect

  • Then I shall return to study LaSalle BA (Hons) Interior Design
I loved being a student!

FYI
The storm that is starting on Monday is a 5-full-days 'Tropical Workshop' involving the construction of a 1:1 prototype using just garbage. Hopefully it can be outside of studio. I don't mind Sentosa, MacRitchie or Clementi Woods are fine too. Just not the sun-depriving studio! And let's not burst the $100 budget!

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB