Qing Chun You Ni

Wednesday, April 3, 2019 0 comment

I may have started watching QCYN because of Yixing, but I do watched the contestants too, though not as focused than when Yixing is reading off the endless threads of numbers of their votes every other week. (I wonder what is the purpose of all those numbers because they are so tongue-twisting and, seriously, does anybody really care?)

Because there are 99 contestants from the beginning, and I have really watched it from the first minute of the first episode, first impression really played very important part here.

List of contestants that I remembered and wished to be part of the final 9:

Casper
This is one over-aged contestant who is really older than our Yixing. He looked manly and unlike an idol, and was the only one I remembered from the first stage where Yixing fumed about 'dreams' and nobody received a 'A' grade. And the way he flirt-smiled at Jolin when she asked whether he dances. Unfortunately when the second episode air, news had broke that he had withdraw from the program. I hope he is able to go solo some day via other means


Xia Han Yu
The underdog with crazy vocal. His rise was very unpredictable as he was roped into the 'Tarzan' stage as an asset when the program's hot favourite Li Wen Han got the advantage to choose his song and group member. And that group was so woah - on-stage and off-stage. I could already see all five of them in the final line-up, although Han Yu was ranked 76 then. And true enough, his rise in the ranks was unstoppable after the stage.


Lian Huai Wei
The noisy one that chattered non-stop since that first day the bottom half of the class sat in the bitter cold glass box in episode one. And the only kid without a company, no burden, no filter; few stage screentime but a lot of backroom interview time.


Bonus: Lian and Xia are besties, I have no doubt about that.



Hu Chun Yang
He was also an underdog who went under the radar until Li Wen Han roped him into the 'Tarzan' stage, purely because they are both from Yue Hua Entertainment. But he proved his skills and malleability, showing so many facets of his that even his friends and the tutors were surprised.


Bonus: Xi Yang Yang (Chun Yang) & Hui Tai Lang (Han Yu). They shared zero brain cell, definitely.


Lin Mo
My first impression of him is definitely because of Cai Xu Kun, because who can forget the legendary Kun Kun? The second impression is when he was part of the 'Namanana' stage. While the other 4 members introduced themselves as 'genies', he was the last one as 'sequins'. And why so funny? Why is my laugh threshold so funnily low?



Jia Yi
He may have fell victim to my prosopagnosia/face blindness. But for the wide smile and crazy antics, I am going to add him into my list.


Guang Yue
This boy is so pretty and smol. And that segment in episode 3 when he video-called his mum and communicated with her using sign language made me cried with him too. I need to keep him in my pocket.


Is it a surprise that I do not have the 2 top favourites Li Wen Han and Chen You Wei in my list? It is a conspiracy.


「LF」

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB