Larger than a Chatroom

Saturday, March 16, 2019 0 comment

Event timeline and reads: Burning Sun scandal


Just some thoughts about the S.Korea entertainment sex bribery news unfolding this week.

I am feeling holed up that I cannot discuss this openly with anybody because my friends who know about this news are fans of those who have been implicated; and friends who do not know this, do not need to know.

Because hate stems from love that goes wrong, naturally I must not have felt anything for these people who have been implicated, to be able to watch the news unfold this week like a daily drama. Honestly I felt stronger when I watched documentaries and scripted films. I must be having a boring and coward life because I have been observing and secretly agreeing to many things that I see but keeping silent to everything.

So, as this real life drama progressed and more layers are being peeled off every day, I am enjoying the drama surrounding the proprietors and the netizens (Weibo) who are so involved I thought they are part of the script as well.

Seriously I do not know what rights do these keyboard warriors have to undermine the lives of these human whom they never get to understand or even meet in real life. Instantly, I felt bad that at the same time, none of whatever these netizens are doing will ever return the victims to who they were before they got harmed.

Instead I see all these netizen reactions like they have been manipulated, to magnify the situation, to achieve something bigger and dangerous that no one man is able to handle. As of now, it has migrated from the entertainment industry to the criminal section, and I predict it will ferment further to political corruption, just like the dramas*. Suddenly I thought this news is unfolding like a Truman Show (or The Great Seungri Show?) and all the netizens are part of the cast. And all the more I do not want to join the cast and become part of somebody else's entertainment.


Everybody, be nice.

*SBS's Phantom (2012), KBS's Healer (2014), SBS's Pinocchio (2014), TvN's Signal (2015), OCN's 38 Revenue Collection Unit (2016)



「LF」

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB