They changed me, thankfully

Thursday, November 5, 2009 0 comment
I was listening to Freshmusic Podcast 146 :我们都爱。。。苏打绿 just now. For the content, you may click in to listen for yourself. If you are a fan, you will love it, it brings memories. If you are not, well~ you are not! I won't force you.

I know there are many many newspapers, magazines that loved to dig out an artiste's history to start off their story-telling. Like why is Mayday called 'Mayday', how Jay used to sleep in the music studio, how 'demure' Jam was when he first appeared on TV etc. It's a bore to read these, but honestly, it's a delight to write them! And I'm so going to do it again!

Whenever I am bored and have nothing to do, I actually read my own blog - catagory by catagory. So if you have the time, click the Sodagreen 苏打绿 link on the left column, and you will see the evolution of my indulgence in them. The events between my first hearing of them till me starting to like them can be found in 苏打绿 从开始到现在.

What I want to share here is actually a particular post that I have in this blog. I think that post changed my life tremendously.


4 May 2008. It was a Sunday, the day before my first day of work after graduation. Starting work is a big turning point. What I didn't expect is that on that Sunday, I did something that changed me first. I downloaded a music album. (Don't replement me! It was not on sale in Singapore then!) 《小巨蛋演唱会LIVE陪我歌唱》. And (strangely with no reasons) I uploaded the album onto IMEEM. Then for the next few days, weeks and months, I repeated that album on the office computer in my headphone while I did the saikang offices usually give to a newcomer. For months, I savoured the lyrics, the sound and the emotions even though I was not at the concert, neither even knowing the names of the members, nor how they looked like. I teared in office when I heard 《我只在乎你》. I started to hum《爱人动物》out of nowhere. I got to know the members names through 《漂浮》. I realised 《小情歌》is just the tip of the ice-berg. There is more fun when we search. More laughter when we open our ears. (Reference intended.)

And my dream of attending a concert in Taipei Arena was fulfilled not with Jay but with Sodagreen. Gasp! What have Sodagreen done to me?!

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB