Escuela De Memorias

Monday, May 11, 2009 0 comment
I had a big dream last night. Not big in ambition, but big in scale and details. Saw many faces, and recalled many names.

I was enrolled in a stay-in institution. And we just had our welcoming ceremony with a performance in the auditorium. Then on my way to the rooms, I walked passed Shi Hui's room where she has put up decorations beside her door. (Shi Hui was my best friend back in Primary School. We were the two tallest girls in class so we were always seated at the back of the class, eating, reading and picking lockers' padlocks. Then she went Nanyang Girls' and since then we have only met once during Sec 1 and I have lost contact with her, even on Facebook.) Back to her decorations, she has pasted photos of her best friends and the view out of her room window in this institution. From here I saw that my own room is on the second storey and it has got black and white graffiti drawn across the window. Among the photos, there was me, Pui San, Jessica and Qiuwen. (Yes, Jessica, her and me used to hang out quite a lot in Pri 6. But I don't remember her being close to Pui San nor Qiuwen. So this part was made up by my mind.) Oddly, Shi Hui did not appear in this dream, I just knew that it is her room. Then I moved on.

Before exiting the corridor of rooms, I was stopped by a group of people from behind. There were some girls but I only remembered seeing Lixin. (She is one of the few from my Secondary School whom I still keep in touch with now. I mean really meeting face-to-face and not just chatting on MSN or Facebook.) She did not say anything; it was Lauren who talked to me. (Lauren was my colleague for half a year at NTUC in 2004. He is very tall, somewhat funny and unpredictable. Five years ago he was studying a part-time engineer degree. Today, he works as an event coordinator, totally unrelated to his studies but 100% related to his part-time job then.) As usual, he said some nonsensical things to me at the corridor, something about having breakfast that I did not catch before I was skipped to the next scene.

I was out of the institution compound, crossing the road with a cup of soya milk. (That's so like me!) I reached the bus-stop and talked to Astee and Jianchao. (Both of them are my JC classmates. Seeing Astee is normal since I have also shared my four years in NUS with her in Architecture. But Jianchao is a rare sight. I can't even remember how many words I have said to him in that two years of JC. More surprising is I remembered his face and his name there and then in this dream!) They offered me black coffee, which I declined. (This sounded familiar too because black coffee appeared in my other dream as well.)

Then I woke up.

I was recalling the story on my way to office this morning. And I realized the people appearing above are so random while those who are closer to me were all missing. Jiahui(BVPS), Peiyun(BVPS), Lionel(CSS), Lina(CSS), Vivian(NJ), Rouyi(NJ), Jingyang(NTUC), Lucy(NTUC) etc.

Anyway, anyone who knows the people I mentioned here, do convey that I've dreamt about them.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB