Addiction

Friday, May 8, 2009 0 comment
Ever since I got back from Taipei, my life has been work, sleep and 「Restaurant City」. This evil addiction is even worst than 「Viwawa」! It may sound easy at first. Login 「Facebook」, feed the employees and the restaurant will run on its own. But I simply cannot take my eyes off the little man and woman streaming in and out of my little restaurant! Look at them walk! Look at the chef cooks! Look at the food disappear from their plates! Look at the customers wet the toilets! Look at the cleaner scrubbing the floor with a brush! I can spend the entire day staring at these without doing anything else! And when the game is down for maintenance, I got so restless I cannot do my work as well and I keep checking the site every five minutes to make sure I would not miss anything when it starts. Lucky the maintenance is not so often already. But the damage has been done.

Strawberry & Banana & AppleNow, when I see square tables in 「Swensens」 I would think of my restaurant layout. When I see 「bananas」 in the market I would think of the ingredients that I need. When I read the 「menu」 at the coffeeshop I would think of my dishes to level-up. Thank you Mr Bryan Lee for getting me into this.

Tuesday night, I bumped into a bunch of Archi people in Chinatown. A bunch as in there was like more than ten of them. Gosh! What a big shock! I had only intended to wave to two of them, then more came up behind them. Chu Yuet's first sentence to me was 'I WANT YOUR BEEF!' Omg! They have just completed the final final submission on Monday and were out for dessert. Good for them! Five years of torture is finally over. Old friend Peiyun commented recently 'dissertation is detrimental', which I totally agree. That is why both of us are not taking it. To add on, I am far worst than her as I did not even return to studio to help anyone with the submission. I think I am really cutting off all ties already.

This week is a milestone, my first anniversary at the office! Got a lunch treat and more site inspections. Duh~ I have never have this many site inspections in a single week! Places visited are the Old Police Academy, Maxwell Road, Whampoa Drive, Strathmore Avenue, Jalan Bahagia, St George’s Road, Jalan Rumah Tinggi. And in nine hours' time, I will be going Jalan Bukit Merah. Gosh! It is Vesak Day!

Anyway, I was letting my mind run wild while on the move, getting reminded of the funny picture 'I fucking love colouring!' on 「Facebook」. 'I fucking love colouring!!!Now I declare 'the architect who does not drive fucking loves walking!' Yup, I am trying to be positive by being sarcastic.

Another story that I came up with is that 'architect' is merely my decoy. My true identity is a 'geomancer'. Haha! The many site inspections have actually caused me to have this odd habit of walking with a piece of paper horizontal in front of me. And whenever I make a turn, I would rotate the paper as well. It is quite a good training for me, being able to complete my inspections faster nowadays, plotting a site with no drawings beforehand.

In my third fantasy, I think I am a 'sniper', those assassin-types of sniper. Very often when I get to a new place, i would look around, spot the tallest building around, take the lift to the top floor and find an obscure spot along the corridor or at the staircase where I will set down my barang, pull out my equipment (stationery), assemble them (find my orientation), take aim (sketch the site) and shoot my target (take photo). Pack up and leave. I am just glad there is no resident who come up and ask me what I am doing in front of their doors.

Well, I guess I am saturated with the 「Jason Bourne」 trilogy (quadrology by 2010) that I have caught on 「PPS」. They are such intelligent thrillers!
And have I written this before? I simply love 「PPS」!

It is way past 2am now and I have been yawning non-stop. Why am I still blogging?

Because my restaurant is still running in another window. Just got to Level 21. 6 more to go!

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB