Life is DRAMA

Friday, April 27, 2012 0 comment
I went to Bangkok last Saturday. The air ticket was purchased on Wednesday. The accommodation was booked on Thursday. And I lost my passport on Friday - I left it in the copy machine at NUS SDE.
人生最厲害就是這個"BUT"

Saturday morning, I called the copy room uncle and learnt that my passport was handed over to the Dean's Office on Friday evening. Okay, location confirmed. So I happily did my packing at home till noon then set off to SDE. BUT when I arrived, the Dean's Office is CLOSED ON SATURDAY! Damn! I was so lost to the max at SDE, walking around but having no idea where I'm going nor who should I approach. 6 hours later my flight will be flying to Bangkok and I have agreed to meet at BT in 4 hours' time.


In desperation, I called the most promising number available - CAMPUS SECURITY. Omg~ I studied here for 4 years yet it never occur to me that one day I'm going to dial this number for this reason! But they should be 24/7 吧? That's what I meant as the "most promising" number. Thank goodness the guy over the line was very helpful (though he must be amused) and gave me 5 calls over the next hour, assuring that he is doing his best to contact the staff from the Dean's Office BUT all he could find are office numbers.

1.5 hours after I called, the security came looking for me and we walked through the "crime scenes" while he took photos and record the details. From the copy room, the exact machine where I left my passport, to the Dean's Office with the thunder-bolt-like notice on the door. Then he asked me the time of my flight etc. Thank goodness I got my print-out (and luggage) with me.


Then it was another hour of waiting as I plug in my handphone charger to play games at the all too familiar SDE bench, until someone pop up the staircase to the Office. Finally we got into the Dean's Office and retrieved the little red book!

That evening, after touching down at Suvarnabhumi, we happily boarded the Airport Express Line towards the hotel booked on Thursday. The destination station name was very long, but I know that it is beside the tallest building in the area. Once we showed the station staff our hotel & the tower Baiyoke's map, they were confidently pointing to the tallest building for us. BUT we are NOT going to Baiyoke! Anyway, yah, we didn't find the hotel. Partly also because we were distracted by the night market below Baiyoke that we gave up looking for it. And it so happened that there's a bright signboard which caught my attention and we decided to just head towards it.


Thank goodness~ It is nice and cozy and pinky and FULL OF SINGAPOREANS!!! Hahahaha~~~ See more pretty pictures of Budacco!

I love DRAMA!

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB