50 random things about me

Friday, March 6, 2009 0 comment
I am taking too much of a liking for this "25 random thingy" posted on Facebook that I thought of continuing the list here. I spent 2 weeks to write the first 25 items and another one month to double the number.

1. I have 5 ear piercing. Aiming for more, but too lazy to get them done.
2. I have two scars on my head. One sustained when I came to this world via cesarean delivery. The other one was a cut on my forehead when a fluorescent tube crashed beside me.
3. I developed night blindness in November 2006. I never recover from it.
4. I believe in time-travelling and I won't be surprise if one day another Ling Fong approaches me and tell me she’s from the future.
5. My mum gives me new nicknames every 2 months.
6. I prefer sitting on the left, for a practical reason. I am very much a right-hander, for that similar reason.
7. Everything happens for a reason, and love is not everything. (I'm taking all three meanings.)
8. I crap a lot on my blog. Occasionally, I would write something meaningful and inspiring too.
9. I like Jay Chou because he wrote the song 《蜗牛》.
10. I plunge into Architecture because I liked the physical models I saw at the then-HDB Hub in Bukit Merah when I was in Primary School.
11. If I have not entered Architecture, I would have read Physics.
12. I prefer working to studying. And it will take a miracle to get me back to school. To me, not studying does not mean that I have stop learning. I learn through experiencing, not memorizing.
13. Half of my bedroom is green. Forest green.
14. My bedroom doubles up as the storeroom in the house until one day I brought my barang back from studio at the end of the semester and throw everything not belonging to me to the living room. In simpler words, it is still a storeroom now.
15. I used to format my computer every 4 months, until it finally died a glorious death after my graduation.
16. Everybody cannot get used to use my computer because I have only one icon on the desktop, the Recycle Bin. I delete all the other shortcuts.
17. I used to waste my time in the Orchard Taka library. Now I waste it sleeping on buses.
18. I get very emo when I am at the Bras Basah area. It was my favourite lunch place when I worked at NTUC. Then I frequently patronized Art Friend and Sagacity, usually after several days of sleepless night to buy materials before dumping them in studio for model-making.
19. I like to work part-time. And I remember them by the food I eat around the workplace. They are at Bras Basah, Shenton Way, Bukit Merah and Katong.
20. I don’t like tom yam and laksa. Despite having worked in Katong.
21. That Katong job really changed me a lot. In those 4 months of traveling from west to east and back, I got so used to sleeping on the bus that I can fall asleep as soon as I get a seat on the bus now.
22. One complaint I always get is that I sleep too little. It is very common to see me awake at 3am, weekdays, weekends, then and now, well and sick. If you find me asleep at 9pm, you will most likely find me awake again at 2am.
23. I like big bags. The bigger the better. I named my biggest bag (not including the luggage bag) the 'baby bag'. It is not the baby of the lot, but it can contain a baby.
24. I've known my oldest (not age) friend for 18 years, and we are still counting.
25. Caffeine has a very potent effect on me. Therefore I don't drink coffee. Going to TCC/Coffee Club gives me weird feelings because I never order their coffee.
26. I believe the following can shorten one's life: eating MacDonald's, sleeping in an air-con room and driving a car.
27. I like to visit museums and art gallery, especially those deserted ones. Because I can take my time and hear only my footsteps.
28. I also like to walk around in PageONE & Kinokuniya, just to hear my footsteps. Orchard Taka library falls into this category too, before it was gone. I really missed that library.
29. I always avoid stepping on drain gratings and covers. I've heard traumatizing stories about them and I got really scared.
30. I am very patient but I hate waiting.
31. I first learnt of Jay Chou through some random songs from his first album. Then I went to download his second album Fantasy. 八度空间 was the first Jay Chou album that I purchase, and eventually I got all of his albums, including the two older ones.
32. I am in Jay Chou's official fanclub Jay2u as one of the 2 Singapore moderators. I am known as Akira.
33. I have seen Jay Chou up-close several times, talked to him, shook his hand and taken a photo with him. I am going to do these all over again.
34. My favourite scene in 不能说的秘密 is when 小雨 took down her headphones in the old bookshop after hearing 湘伦's favourite song. To date, I have watched the movie 6 times. Not too much though.
35. Out of the over 40 movies that I have watched in theatres in the past one year, I was late for two of them and I remember them so clearly that now, I made it a point never to be late for a movie even if I have to sit through 20 minutes of advertisement and trailers.
36. I do a rating of every movie that I have watched in theatres in the column on your left, with my little Piscean fishes. That's not including the movies that I have watched online.
37. Every major event in my life has gone my way. I got into my first choice Secondary School, first choice CCA, first choice JC and first choice faculty. Thereafter I even get to choose my employer, and not the other way round.
38. When I was in Archi Year 1, I thought the best inventions in the world were the lightbox (for tracing drawings) and erasing shield (to erase pencil drawings). Eventually, the bestest invention turns out to be Photoshop.
39. One of my favourite past-time when I was in NUS, was to open 4 NUScast windows on the computer and watch 4 TV stations at the same time, Ch5, ChU, Ch8 & Discovery Channel. Whenever I do this, I can’t do any work.
40. I stayed over in studio in Year 2 to watch Japanese drama and in Year 3 to watch Taiwanese drama because my own PC cannot load fast enough with my viewing speed. In Year 4, I stayed over to play Viwawa Wahjong.
41. I learnt AutoCAD in Year 3 because I wanted to laser-cut my models. It has become my living tool now.
42. I can memorize the layout of Bukit Batok, Bras Basah, Bugis, Orchard Road, Jalan Besar, Boon Keng, Chinatown now. But I still lose my way when I am in an office tower and I always end up using the escape staircase.
43. I can spell 'renaissance' and 'picturesque'. But I always need to do a spell-check to get 'diarrhoea' correct, like now.
44. I think rhythm is the most amazing single English word. Especially since Wheel of Fortune was like the only English show I watch since young, and rhythm is such a killer word if it ever appears on the show. Oh by the way, remember RSTLNE?
45. I don't like to talk on the phone. I think the radiation will fry my brain. Yes I'm very kiasi.
46. I have only learnt recently that green chilli will eventually turn into red chilli. For 20 over years I thought red/green chilli are like purple/green grapes or red/green apples, same species but different genetic make-up.
47. I first patronized KBox just before I start Uni. In these 5 years, my longest k-session is 9 hours with Gareth and Weilun, feeding on the free-flow nuts. We were charged for the first 5 hours only and we left the place because we wanted to catch the last train.
48. I call my oldest brother by his name but second brother '二哥' because he demanded respect from me since I was a toddler. Duh~ he was only in Primary School then. And that respect still holds now. In fact you can’t find his name in my handphone contact list, I saved him under 'Er'ge'.
49. I have no grey hair. No even half a strand. Woho! I have never done rebonding and I don't comb my hair. Jealous? Then you should look at my brothers' hair! I don't think they will ever get bald in another 20 years' time.
50. I was active on eBay for a while in recent history, buying and selling CD and selling my unwanted stuffs. I think it is a scam; I didn't earn anything from it.

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB