"You can see me?!"

Thursday, February 5, 2015 0 comment
I'm documenting another blockbuster dream!

6 years after I wrote Série Répétée, came along a movie called "Edge of Tomorrow". Of course the premise of the movie is of far larger scale than the little dream in my head. But the rules remained quite similar - of the protagonist 'waking up' at the same place repeatedly with complete memory of the previous days until he/she is killed. My dream ended without an explanation of the identity and calling of the protagonist. Whereas the movie involved [spoiler]
the mysterious power of an alien species blood that makes the infected person capable of turning back time.
Not a very attractive solution, but it is a solution after all.

7 years later, I decided to pen down another of my dreams again. And we'll shall see whether another movie with similar plot comes along.



"I" am an invisible being who live among others who I have known before I became this state. I may or may not know the reason that I have became this state. Nevertheless I am used to the situation and am living without burden.

A close friend has just passed away and I am arriving at her funeral wake. I am intending to investigate further the reason for her death because she was young and seemingly healthy, so her sudden death was suspiciously unnatural.

A thought has been germinating in my mind that I may be able to find the truth hidden in her cornet with the woodwind mouthpiece, which she had treasured. (Note: The cornet belongs to the brass instrument family that is played with a brass mouthpiece, where sound is produced by the vibrations of the player's lips. Whereas the mouthpiece for a woodwind instrument produces sound by the vibrations of the attached bamboo reed.)

Upon arrival, I was shocked by the scale of the wake. In fact, I started to suspect the motive of her obsessive father (unsure of the rest of her family background), who has single-handedly done up the funeral parlor/home luxuriously in an incredibly short time.

"Too fast, too elaborated," I thought.

While I approached the wake entrance, I dropped something on the corridor that rolled away from me. A foot came forth and tapped on it before it can roll further. I looked up and saw a tall and slender man, looking at me straight in the eyes. My eyes must have widened to twice their size as I murmured "You can see me?!" He shrugged and rolled his eyes, before turning towards the direction of the wake entrance.

- end-



I'm in angst!



「LF」

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB