the office little girl

Wednesday, February 19, 2014 0 comment
Random doodling.

Boss has got a young PA girl, seemingly fresh grad, so essentially around 21. Very immature and green I should say, watching her speak to the boss like a grandchild to grandpa. And the way she is being very afraid of making mistake or take responsibility.

Days ago, she’s inviting the office to her wedding.

Not that I am in the position to judge her for marrying at this age, but yes, I am surprised that she is doing it. First displeasure I have is that her wedding is in November and she is asking for attendance now. Not that we need experience in wedding preparation but does she know what is she doing by asking us to make this commitment this early? At the back of my head I was thinking, 9 months later, I may not even be working with you, what’s more in the same relationship to attend your wedding. But to pacify the little girl’s fantasy, I shall consent my attendance, for, there are 1001 other things that are more important to me to supplant the wedding dinner in 9 months’ time.

Second displeasure is the way she is putting out the invites. I know I am judging like an old hag. Heck! That’s why I am having such displeasure over a little dinner invitation. Anyway, she was going around the office with the staff name list and a column by the side for us to tick. I seriously meant it when I asked why she didn’t come out with a memo to pass the list along. (The "memo" is an official message that boss will issue when there are important announcements to make in office.) Well, having the list may help so that she doesn’t miss out anybody. But seriously does she need to invite everybody, which includes the foreigners who just come to office and do hi-bye with everybody? So I wasn’t surprised when one of the foreign guys turned her down. I presumed he feel that they are not that close to attend each other’s wedding or he is resigning soon.

What ticked me off further is that she got all upset and discouraged and resorted to asking the senior PA to help her ask the rest of the staff. Well, whose wedding is it by the way? And that reaction, I wonder if she’s even legal. Then I overheard a senior PM asking the senior PA: "Why she doesn't come and invite me personally?" Senior PA: "She say she's too shy to ask because she's not close to you."

I definitely is not going to attend a dinner whose host doesn't even want to talk to me.

Just feeling an itch in my head whenever I think about it.




「LF」

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB