mad weekend (part II)

Sunday, August 14, 2005 0 comment
Heritage WalkThis was one of the mad event that I have looked forward to before the term start, Heritage Walk. Never mind who I participated it with, I just want to be involved in it. And very conveniently, I form a team on MSN, went down to the office for registration, bug everybody of the meeting time and place. And now we have been there, and back again.

10 compulsory stations and 30 other optional stations around the Singapore CBD. We only need to complete 15 to fight for the fastest team prize. But we went all out and reached 39 stations. The odd one was a mistake, we missed it in the mad rush to complete another compulsory stop.

the Time BallIt was 6 years ago since I went to Fort Canning Hill. My sole impression of it was the Eurasian tombstones. But we got to find the Time Ball on the hill instead, which was located right at the top of the hill. We went up and down again.

Then we went to several museums and historical buildings around it. First time into the MITA building and was surprised that it is not a gigantic block of concrete, but a thick RC wall surrounding a hollow atrium. Such that I could see the reflection of the sky in the interior pond. Being the first police station in Singapore long ago, there's a 'policeman' in shorts standing at this stop, which I can't help laughing being reminded of the old joke.

policeman in shortsWe also got the chance to visit the old Supreme Court. Sat in the suspect box and juror table, and managed a few secret shots of the interiors. Then ran to Clifford Pier in compensation for the time wasted there. Such a memorable place here, spending most of my holiday lingering in this area.

Learnt a lot of facts throughout the 3-hour race, as well as the read up I did before it. Went over four bridges in one night across the Singapore River. Coleman, Elgin, Cavenagh and Anderson. Two hotels Fullerton and Raffles, and countless museums and monuments.

balloonThroughout the journey, we also got little games which have almost extinct now. An example is the balloon blown from the glue. It was only around during my brothers' time, and they are 6 years older than me. I was struggling to inflat mine while Bryan's was the size of a volleyball already.

After completing the walk, we went to eat, watch fireworks. And as usual, I told them to remember the view of the bay in front of Fullerton. Because in years to come, we will have to pay to see the same view from the IR.

bryan, fong, cheekin, vivi

0 comment:

Post a Comment

 

©Copyright 2011 d0uble-o-fish | TNB